Setting Your EasiYo Yogurt
When setting your yogurt in the winter please take extra care!
- If you place your yogurt maker in a cold place e.g. (cold kitchen) it may struggle to set.
- Add Warm/Tepid water in with yogurt mixture rather than water straight from the cold tap. (a mix of the hot and cold water have better results.)
- For even better results you can even mix the yogurt powder with warm water previously boiled from the kettle.
- Don't be afraid to leave it in the maker for longer.. 12 - 24hours for better results. (no peeking).
- As an extra measure you might want to wrap the yogurt maker up in a towel just to keep the heat in.
- Ensure the container (pictured below) will be surrounded with boiling water in the yogurt maker cylinder.
- Wait till the yogurt has cooled in the fridge before taking off the lid.
- It's important the cold water in the jar is clean drinking water ie. treated water supply, cold-boiled or bottled water.
- In extremely hot climates use a little less (1cm) boiling water inside the Yogurt Maker.
- In extremely cold climates, mix the powder with tepid (not hot) water.
- Always clean the yogurt jar and lid thoroughly between use. Clean the Yogurt Maker with a damp cloth. Do not immerse in water.