Safe and Secure
Safe and Secure
This web site uses SSL protection within the checkout pages of your transaction therefore all our customers delicate information is kept safe at all times through the final transaction stages, to verify this please observe the Padlock Icon and prefix indicating that a secure session is under way.
Beware not all websites offer this protection.
How It Works
Once a website visitor enters a secure area of an SSL-protected website, the following takes place:
• The visitor’s browser requests a secure session from the server on which the website is stored.
• The server responds by sending the visitor’s browser a digital copy of its server certificate.
• The visitor’s browser verifies that the server’s certificate is valid, is being used by the website
for which it was issued, and has been issued by a Certificate Authority that the browser trusts.
• If the certificate is validated, the browser generates a one-time “session” key and encrypts it
with the server’s public key.
• The visitor’s browser sends the encrypted session key to the server so that both server and
browser have a copy.
• The server decrypts the session key using its private key.
• The SSL “handshake” process is complete, and a secure connection has been established.
• A padlock icon and prefix appear in the visitor’s browser bar, indicating that a
secure session is under way (unsecured websites showing an http:// prefix typically lose
customers at this point). If protected with a Premium SSL Certificate, a green address bar
will also appear including the Certificate holder’s name.